Refresh for the sake of Allah

Assalamu'alaikum brothers & sisters of Islam. 

It has been so long since I last posted I wonder why I even have a blog to begin with. 

Anyhow it feels like nothing has changed since the last time I blogged but when I look back, I realize... I can't even remember how my life used to be. (not literally but yea)

So... frankly I don't know how to start but umm here goes. I went to this camp last Dec - Ash-Shaliheen camp. It was a camp for those who have the desire to change into a better muslim. I've heard alot of these types of camps for the past few years but sadly, Allah hadn't chosen to guide me just yet...

But all praises to Allah, finally through the camp, I was able to both see and feel that there are more to Islam than just rules and wars. I used to think that Islam is so complicated and strict when in reality, it is full of love and ease. 

Sadly, the religious schools in Brunei have failed to emphasize the spiritual values of Islam. They kept throwing rules and obligations and prohibitions at us I remembered feeling so overwhelmed and frightened of Islam! I'm not saying that teaching & introducing the laws of Islam is wrong -in fact it is compulsory- but I just wished they had put more light upon the spiritual aspects of Islam. 

I appreciate the study of Islamic history but what is the use of learning the dates of the wars and the number of warriors when we were not taught to understand their main purpose of battling? We should have been told they the Sahabah died just so we - the muslims of today's society - could know about Islam, could learn Islam, could feel and see the beauty of Islam. And what did we do in return? We neglect our prayers, expose our aurat, we ignore the prohibition of ikhtilat (mixing of boys and girls without marriage), we smoke, we listen to music and we forget that Allah is there! People died for us and those are what we gave back? Astaghfirullah, may Allah forgive us all. 

I also think that we should have been taught the biography of each and every one of the Sahabah that died, that suffered and that fought for Islam. We should have been taught more about the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). We should have been told the brotherhood and sisterhood of Rasulullah (PBUH) and the Sahabah, as well as his marriages with Sayyidati Khadijah and 'Aisyah (radhiullahu 'anhuma).

We should have been told how the Sahabah readily sacrificed their lives to protect Rasulullah (PBUH). 

How Rasulullah (PBUH)'s bestfriend, Abu Bakr (R.A) supported and trusted him when he faced so many hardships. 

How 'Umar ibn Al-Khattab R.A, who was one of the strongest opponents against Islam, had contributed to Islam after he converted - how he proudly announced his conversion to the people of Quraysh. 

How the Prophet's (PBUH) uncles defended him despite being oppressed themselves. 

How 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud R.A would always accompany Rasulullah (PBUH) where ever he went - shielding him when he washed, waking him up, clinging to his arm, attending to his staff, toothbrush and other personal needs. 

And don't even get me started on Rasulullah's (PBUH) marriages. The fact that after the death of Sayyidati Khadijah bint Khuwailid (R.A), Rasulullah PBUH bumped into her necklace and cried. He even gave mutton to her friends after her death. The fact that she would always protect him, comfort him, support him from the beginning til the end of their marriage. 

Also the incident where Rasulullah (PBUH) came back home late and slept outside his front door because he didn't want to wake 'Aisyah R.A, when in fact, she was asleep on the other side of the door while waiting for him to come home. Also the fact that he would drink on the same spot of the cup where she drank. 

There are so many, so so so many heartwarming stories of Islam that we were never told. That we should have been told. And that is just for the subject of History of Islam. 

How about Al-Quran? We were only taught how to read and memorize the Quran but why weren't we told to read AND understand its meaning? I was honestly ashamed and shocked when I first read the meaning of one verse. One verse! Nothing in the Quran is banal. Every single word represents something - holds a meaning so deep you drown. I am not even exaggerating. When I read novels, never have I came across to one that did not induce eye-rolls that represents, "Why does this painfully obvious sentence exists in here?" 

Honestly yes, I did hear some teachers saying that the Quran is the way of life and it contains every guide you need to be successful but back then, it sounded ridiculous because how can it tell us how to live in just 602 pages? They said that it is a leaflet for living but why on earth did they not elaborate? Why did they not demonstrate? But masha Allah, all praise to Allah, the Quran...it has all the answers you need, in shaa Allah. You just need to buy a Quran with translations and pray to Allah. Pray to Him for answers and He will give you, in shaa Allah. After all, the Quran is His words. 

It may seem too far-fetched but trust me, it works if you just trust Him. One time, I was feeling super duper depressed and I kept looking in the Quran for something, anything to tell me that I'm going to be okay but nothing! Yes, nothing. However some time after that, a teacher of mine spoke about Surah Al-Insyirah (Solace or Comfort) and how that surah descended as a comfort from Allah SWT for His Messenger. 

5. “Then, surely with hardship comes ease:"
6. “Surely, with hardship comes ease,"


Masha Allah, He even said it twice... You see how Quran works? So the moral of the story (lol), what you seek may not come immediately but it will come. It might not come directly but you will understand it if Allah wills. After all, He knows you better than anyone else, even yourself. Also, someone once said, if you are looking for knowledge from the Quran, Allah will give it to you. If you are looking for comfort from the Quran, Allah will give it to you. So my advice, you should always seek for comfort from the Quran because if you seek knowledge, you will get just that. But if you seek comfort, it will give you both comfort and knowledge. In shaa Allah. 

To avoid unnecessary misunderstandings, I'm not completely blaming on the religious schools but I have heard so many complaints saying, "Hey they didn't teach me this in ugama school!" Or "Ugama school taught us to learn Islam using our brains, not hearts." and quite frankly, I agree. I strongly believe that this is the major reasons why Muslims these days are so ignorant. The beauty and serenity of Islam weren't planted in their hearts because in schools, we're only taught the facts which we understand using our brains and not our hearts. The difference?

If we use our brains, we tend to inquire the facts. For example, when Allah mentioned about Cave (Al-Kahf), we would imagine where, when, who, how etc etc etc IF we understand the story using our brains. But if we use our hearts to understand, nothing else matters except for the fact that Allah has the power to give someone's life back after He has taken it - much like what would happen after Qiamah. Briefly, if we use our brains, we would gain knowledge. But if we use our hearts, we would understand the true message that Allah sent us. In the case of The Cave, there is no doubt in rise after Qiamah. (because the ashobul kahfi woke up after 309 years of sleep by Allah's will). 

Phew I feel like there's so much more that I wish to say but in shaa Allah this post will end here. If Allah wills, I shall say more abt this in the near future. 

Until next time in shaa Allah, Assalamu'alaikum, may Allah bless you all and may this post benefits you all. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment


up